I have alot of weaknesses. I mean alot. But one blessing I have been given is a grateful heart. I have never really been one to be jealous or envious of what other people have. I am content more often than not. It is not hard for me to sit down at the end of the day and rattle off ten or twenty things that I am grateful for. A few weeks ago a friend gave me a gratitude journal. Gratitude journaling is something that I did years ago but for some reason -I can not remember why -I stopped. I have picked it up again. I think it is an excellent thing to do. I think we should be mindful of the blessings (great or small) that we are thankful for and express them to others when they are part of it. To help instill this in my kiddos, we have "Grateful Sunday" once a month. We each write a "love" note to someone that we are grateful for. A seminary teacher, yw leader, friend, relative, teacher from school. etc... It's a great sunday activity. Try it.
Things I am grateful for today;
1. Really thoughtful friends who inquired where I was today. (I was at ward onferences the last two weeks and several friends called and texted wondering what the deal was)
2. Whole Wheat chocolate chip pancakes
3. Tomorrow my kids are home from school so we get to play.
4. A roaring fire after sunday dinner. Secretly, I kinds think I married a pyromaniac.
5. My sister. I love her and I love spending time with her like I got to do all day Friday.
6. Children who obey.
7. Reagan's laugh.
8. Christi, Teri, and Dianne. The 3 A-MAZ-ING women that I get the priviledge of working with in my calling. They teach me so much.
9. A dear friend who is coming home tomorrow after a lengthy, scary hospital stay.
10. Family scripture study.