Friday, July 4, 2008

happy fourth of july from us!!!

"None who have always been free can understand the terrible fascinating power of the hope of freedom to those who are not free." -— Pearl S. Buck




We have a long-standing tradition of doing the matching flag shirts every year. This year I was so busy with swim team that I never made it to old navy but I had the girls with me yesterday when we were at Walmart and they found these. They talked me into it. I couldn't really argue with the shirts being $2.50 each! Brent, as always, is ABSOLUTELY THRILLED to wear the matching shirts. Do you detect the sarcasm? That is why we love him - he is such a good sport.

8 "my two cents...":

Molly said...

cute little family. happy fourth!!

Amanda said...

I love all your matching shirts:) It looks like Jensen got her hair cut and got bangs....it's cute. Maybe that is not so new and I am just not on top of it!

shahna said...

How observant you are Amanda! She DID get a haircut and bangs. On a whim. She loves it.

Danielle said...

I love the shirts! I just dressed the boys up, maybe next year the whole fam will do something cute like that!

The A Team said...

what a great tradition!! you guys look so cute, sarcasm and all.

Bethanne said...

That is so fun! I always commented um, sarcastically, about how Dan's family dressed identical in all their family pics growing up, for holidays, etc...I thought it was so cheesy and goofy. And now I find myself wanting to do the 4th t-shirts, etc, for our family. That's what I get for being such a kill-joy! I think it is so cute! :) And your family is beautiful...

Sarah said...

please, please tell me how your got your blog list on the side, with all the updates. I want it!!!!

Walter & Lynsi Hohmann said...

I LOVE the flag shirts! I remember you guys wearing the flag shirts from way back when. SO cute! And, you've gotta do it now while you can b/c pretty soon your kids are not going to want to. I think it's a great tradition!