Traveling in safety

We were coming home from dinner in West Plano tonight in the heavy rain. I was driving. All of a sudden the car completely hydroplaned and we literally spinned twice completely around on the toll road. I can't believe we didn't roll. It was a miracle. Noone was hurt. We were all pretty shaken up, realizing how close we came to rolling and who knows what else... We immediately went to our knees when we got home and said a prayer of thanks to Heavenly Father for keeping us safe. I know he kept me calm in the midst of it all so that I could think clearly. I know he kept us from hitting the barrier or jumping the barrier or rolling the car with the 6 most precious things I have in it. Miracles DO happen.

Comments

OMGosh! I am soooo glad you all are ok!
Suz said…
Oh I am so glad you are safe. I was driving back from McKinney tonight in it and it was bad. I remember thinking as I passed on 289, well if I have a problem I'm not too far from the Argyles and M. Elmers.

I was very relieved to pull in the garage.

Yes there are angels among us, My favorite Conference Talk.
Kim said…
I am so glad that you and your family are safe. I have seen enough in the last week to know that we are watched over and protected way more than we notice!
Sarah said…
so glad you are okay-- it was a crazy one tonight
Karen said…
Hey Shahna! Just found your blog after Lucy told me your hydroplane story that she heard at Seminary!! Anyway - that angel was watching over us last night, too. Will's pillow fell off his bed and onto his nightlight and the light burned a hole the size of a tennis ball in his pillow, but no fire.... thank heavens for flame retardant materials!!

Anyway, I'm going to link to your blog on mine, if that's okay with you...
Brooke said…
I got tears in my eyes, so thankful no one was hurt!
Amanda said…
That is so scary. Especially with all your kids in the car:( I hydroplaned once on I-35....spun around about 4 times and hit the barrier twice. Air bags went out and everything. I still remember my heart racing and not slowing down for about 5 hours! If I would have had kids at the time in the car....I can't imagine my fear. I am so glad you guys are all safe.
the rain here totally scares me, how the water pools so quickly...it's as bad as snow! thank goodness you are all ok.
Snarky Belle said…
So thankful everyone is ok. Thank you for sharing this. You are right, miracles do happen.

Popular posts from this blog

Builders vs. Wreckers

swim meet