BRAG Boards

Don't know what to do with all those pictures, certificates, ribbons, etc that your little guys come home with all the time? I had an idea once and now when other moms come over they comment on it so I thought I would share (sorry about the picture quality, I am having camera issues again but you get the idea)... Some of you are so talented - you could doll your brag boards up but since I am not crafty mine are just plain....










You can put anything on them. I have pictures of my girls when they were flower girls at my sister's wedding, Tanner's certificate showing he is a black belt in Karate, notes from the desk fairy proclaiming desk cleanliness, swim team ribbons, original artwork, etc.








Comments

Lauralee Altice said…
I love it! I think they are such a great idea! I remember when I first saw your kids brag boards when I was babysitting once and decided that I wanted to do that for my kids too! Thanks for reminding me.
shahna said…
k...I am officially old...thanks Lauralee! :O)
I do something really similar to that. My kids call them "mom's piles." When they bring stuff home, I put it on top of the pile, where it remains until the next kid brings something home. When the pile gets so big that it is about to fall over, I go through it and throw most of it away. The rest of it goes in a plastic storage box under the guest room bed that has each of the kids names on it. I plan on handing the boxes over to their spouses on their wedding day. Some of us are organization-impaired.

Sorry about the 6:42 am phone call! But I found my calendar, and that's where I'll be this afternoon, at Baker handing out Innisbrook...
Amanda said…
Great idea! Where do you have your boards hanging???
shahna said…
Right now they are in the play room but we are about to transform that room to a "game room" in the next few months so I think I am going to put them on the stair case wall OR their individual rooms.
JasonandBritt said…
Shahna I LOVE your blog! I'm really bad at keeping up on them, so I've been reading all of your posts from the last month. You made me tear up a little because of some of them. You are such a cute mom and I look up to you. Thanks for being such a positive influence in my life. Oh yeah, and I remember those boards too when I use to babysit Jenson and Tanner!

Popular posts from this blog

Builders vs. Wreckers

swim meet